- public schools are an integral part of our democracy,
- the most important variable is the teacher,
- real and permanent change comes from within,
- technology is an important tool, not a panacea
- mentoring and training beginning teachers,
- finding creative ways to provide PD,
- integrating Web 2.0 tools in the classroom,
- differentiating instruction,
- understanding the politics of education
I currently teach 9th and 12th grade English for YCS at Starmount High School. In my spare time, I enjoy beekeeping, writing, reading, and web design.
"What we can change is our perceptions, which have the effect of changing everything."
–Donna Quesada, The Buddha in the Classroom: Zen Wisdom to Inspire Teachers